CANDLE CARE

 

The first time you light your candle, it is best to let it burn for at least 3 hours. This means that each time you light your candle after this the wax won't ‘tunnel’ i.e leave wax around the edges/burn unevenly.

 

It is good practice to trim the wick down to approximately 1/4 of an inch after each burn. This prevents the flame becoming smoky and adds a much longer life to the candle.

 

Do not let the wax drop below 5mm from the botton of the glass as it can get very hot if left to burn right down and may cause the glass to crack.

A FEW SAFETY RULES

 

Never leave a candle burning unattended especially around children.


Extinguish candles before you leave a room and never go to sleep with a candle still lit.

 

Never leave a burning candle in a child's bedroom.

 

Don't move a candle when it is lit as the wax gets very hot. Let it cool down first.

 

Don’t put a lit candle under a shelf or by your curtains. The flame gives off a lot of heat and it can burn surfaces and cause fabric to catch fire.


Put lit candles on a heat resistant surface.


Keep lit candles away from draughts as this can cause the flame to smoke and burn unevenly.


Keep candles out of the way of children & pets.


Keep clothing and hair away from a lit candle and don’t attempt to lean over a burning candle.